I am so here for this! I never thought I would see elements of my religion broadcasted through a reality TV show! The new Bravo series ‘Family Karma’ follows a group of Indian-American socialites balancing family traditions in Miami. Watch the trailer below!
The new show is premiere in March and is produced by the same geniuses that produce Shahs of Sunset. The cast includes Bali Chainani, Monica Vaswani, Brian Benni, Anisha Ramakrishna, Amrit Kapai, Vishal Parvani and Shaan Patel.
A source close to the cast reported one of the cast members allegedly got drunk and beat up an Uber driver so I am super excited to see a mix of culture and mess on our screens!
In PEOPLE Magazine reported here is what we can expect from the upcoming Indian reality TV show.
- Ramakrishna recently moved back in with her parents after spending over 10 years in the cutthroat fashion industry. While she is focused on carrying on her family legacy of entrepreneurship, her parents continue to focus on her single status in hopes of her settling down.
- After coming out in his 20s to the surprise of his family, Kapai is back home after a stint of living in Chicago with his boyfriend. As he works to grow his Chicago law firm’s business in Miami, his family hopes that they can influence him to take the traditional next steps in his long-distance relationship.
- Benni is a playboy whose parents have always wanted him to settle down with a nice Indian girl. When he starts seeing his best friend and wing woman, Vaswani, in a whole new light, he worries that his window has passed and he’s been friend-zoned.
- Speaking of Vaswani, after spending most of her life trying to be the “perfect Indian girl” to make up for the stigma of her parent’s divorce, she’s ready to start sticking up for herself, much to Brian and her friends surprise.
- Having weathered two divorces, glamorous single mom Chainani straddles the line of hanging out with her friends in their 20s and 30s, while maintaining relationships with their mothers. Now in a serious relationship with her long-distance boyfriend, she is hoping that the third time’s a charm.
- Self-admitted “man-child” Parvani has been engaged for five years, but is living at home until they finally get married. Ready to make their engagement official in the eyes of Indian culture, he needs the approval of his intimidating soon-to-be mother in law to plan the traditional ring ceremony as the next step on their way to marriage.
- And Patel, the youngest and super ambitious member of the group, has already started his own business and moved in with his girlfriend. Will he surprise everybody and be the first in the group to get married and start a family?
The premiere is set for March 8, 2020. I am guessing it will be premiering March 9, 2020 on hayu! Get a free month of hayu here!